David Deutsch Megathread

Someone tried to post to the old BoI google group to promote some CR-related stuff. I didn’t approve the message and replied:

Hi I’m the BoI group owner. I think maybe you don’t know the situation, so:

I make CR related stuff like https://criticalfallibilism.com

I helped with writing BoI for 7 years but Deutsch, my former mentor who I had ~5000 hours of interaction with, is now having his fans harass me. You are associating with and promoting people currently actively involved in harassing me. Laws have been broken and they have been fully unwilling to discuss stopping or give reasons for what they’re doing. You have to either stop associating with them and promoting them or, in the alternative, try to do problem solving about the conflict or at least leave me alone.

I have asked over and over for anyone involved with that group to discuss terms for ending the conflict, to say anything I could do or change so they would stop, etc. and I have been completely refused. They’ve expressed no interest in peace. I have written down my understanding of the situation, tried to explain and analyze, tried to do problem solving and common preference finding, but no one in the other group has been willing to do any of that. I have no idea what I could do to make them happy and they have refused to make changes like stopping spreading hatred and lies about me or stopping using sock puppets and VPNs to harass my blog comments and stop stalking me to other websites/forums to disrupt my discussions. I am currently relying on a paywalled forum to keep them out (and have still had to ban two of them who came there and harassed me anyway).

If you would be reasonable enough to discuss the matter with me – or if you have no problem with me, then to ask them to explain and (depending on what they say) reconsider your opinion of them – that would be extremely appreciated.

See https://beginningofinfinity.com and Curiosity – Harassment Summary

Keep in mind that I only said negative things publicly, like those, after years of severe problems and extensive attempts to resolve the matter privately first.

Btw, one of the main results of the harassment campaign is preventing my CR-related ideas from being considered, spread, debated or engaged with. I developed a major improvement on CR and have been largely prevented from sharing it with people interested in CR, so this is hurting philosophical progress.