Debate about Competition

The following is after I make a disagreement with @Eternity’s thesis:

The first sentence makes it seem like a cycle. Like, if we get the disagreement part down then we can keep going. I think tho that’s if we keep disagreeing with each other down the line of discussion. I don’t think him responding necessarily means we’re disagreeing. We could agree there and I think something else happens. It’d be good to view some debate trees and articles.

What does it mean when you could ask questions and discuss outside the tree? I think we could do that stuff but it just won’t go on the debate tree. I wonder what the questions are about cuz at first I thought they were tangential. Also, discussion seems different than debate. We could discuss but that wont go on the tree either.

Can you include the questions and discussions in the debate tree? I think im having a hard time reading the prepositional phrase “outside of the tree.” I thought prepositional phrases had one preposition? I think “outside” is modifying “and” and “and” has “discuss” and “ask” under it.

I think it’d make sense to first ask questions or discuss and thatd go on the forum. But idk if it’ll be included in the tree too. I know each response includes a version on the forum and a short version on the tree. I just dont know if questions and discussion counts as a response too. A response sounds more direct than question or discussion.