Doubtingthomas Philosophy Topic

New rule: @doubtingthomas (DT) is only allowed to post things related to philosophy in this thread, and only allowed to write posts that he thinks contribute positively to the forum. Other topics, like politics, are not allowed and will result in being banned. Also, DT is not allowed to tag anyone using @name. The main point of leaving DT unbanned was just in case he ever had something important to say, and leaving open Paths Forward, but he hasn’t tried to post important or philosophical things since then, and instead has written bad posts on other topics, often with design features to bait attention. For example:

Recklessly attributing ideas to people with no source or quote is not OK. That breaks the forum rules. It’s especially bad to do it to me with a polarizing political idea that many people want to be outraged about. I’ve banned DT for a week for this. It’s also lazy: DT could have searched for things I’ve said on the topic and easily found some. It was also toxic because it was posted shortly after I posted, again, about not wanting to put my energy into politics.

It’s also toxic to try to reduce CF forum activity. DT implied there’s something bad about the forum (without giving any critical arguments or useful feedback) and encouraged talking elsewhere.