Gaslighting discussion (split from: Justin’s Miscellaneous Posts)

bold added

This is a bit of a tangent, but I really wanted to say something about it, as I’ve thought about it for a while: I think that the part I bolded is, based on my current existing knowledge, actually impossible to comply with. I don’t think I could identify everything you’d think would impose a definite burden to respond or act, much less a potential burden. I think to be able to do that, I’d have to be able to model your thinking very well on topics like burdens, how to interact, and morality in general, and I obviously cannot do that. So the only way I actually know how to comply with this is to not post at all. So (this is another thing I can be damned for, I suppose) every single post I’ve written since you made that request has been, in essence, a violation of your request, since, as far as I was aware, I could potentially be violating it, since I had no model of what might constitute or impose such a burden. I had no standard to judge whether I could be imposing such a burden. So I was basically just ignoring the request and hoping that some other bit of knowledge I have or policy would “catch” any problems.