Is The World Good?

I’m not sure about government jobs. Though I think I agree on not giving government things it can use to do bad stuff, so e.g. I’d be very wary of scientific/research positions for government as that would make it easy to use the results for pretty bad stuff and suppress public information about it so it’s hard to do anything about.

But if I want government to ever get better I don’t see how that could happen without good people getting government jobs (or violent revolution, which seems worse). I don’t think I’d personally want to work for them, but I think good people who can try to influence the government in political/legal areas have potential for positive change and the least potential for making things worse.

Do you have an example of a job that isn’t immoral that can make a lot of money without doing much good? Or a job that does a lot of good but can’t make much money? (by “much money” I have in mind something like “enough money to make a living on”)

What powerful memes do you mean?
I think I have an intuitive agreement with this (that solving underlying problematic ideas rather than the groups that grow from them is better long-term) but don’t have a clear idea on what those ideas are. I’ve read The Selfish Gene but I’m not sure I’m super clear on memes or what “size” of idea you would call a meme.
Is that stuff like essentialism? Reductionism? Empiricism? Justificationism?