JustinCEO Topic

I appreciate the apology.

I am not sure if you read earlier in the thread, but this topic was partly in response to me saying that I don’t think that any laws should be changed to take away animal rights (we haven’t discussed that part much yet) and that in general humans should treat animals better than we currently do (that is the part we were discussing). I am assume that you actually do agree with me on those two points, given what you have said so far. And I think I was actually successful in persuading @JustinCEO of some merits of treating farm animals better. So it was interesting to me that you were treating me like an enemy.

I am still wary of putting much effort into replies directed at you, since your history includes asking questions or making criticisms, getting answers or counter-criticisms, and then completely disappearing or stopping the discussion. You have a history of not sticking around long enough for a discussion to come to a conclusion, and just leaving things after you receive criticism without any acknowledgment, concession, or even a clear statement that you still disagree.

I might reply to some of what you say more indirectly, or in a way that is more targeted towards explaining to other people. This isn’t meant as a personal slight. It is just me trying to act on what my reasonable expectations of the conversation are. I did want to explain this though, since you have apologized, instead of just acting on it without saying anything.

I also want to note that I thought that some of your comments in this thread were disrespectful towards @JustinCEO, whose thread this is.

This one in particular:

Part of the context of this thread was the dietary changes that @JustinCEO made, which had a major positive impact on his health. These changes included eating fewer carbs and more animal products, and I believe cutting out beans and lentils completely (along with many other carb-heavy plant foods).

I personally made some suggestions on different things he could try with his diet (like that paleo might allow more freedom of foods and have similar benefits as keto, that humanely raised animals products have health benefits, and that he might find that eating fruit is OK and doesn’t have the same negative effects as sugar). I made those suggestions taking into account his context, to try to be helpful. I have some reservations about keto in general, but I don’t know a lot about it, and I don’t want to just trash lifestyle or diet changes that have had a positive impact on someone else’s life.

You came into @JustinCEO’s thread and – either unaware of or ignoring the context – called replacing meat with beans and lentils a “small change” that “doesn’t require much effort”. But, for him, that would literally require reversing the changes that he had already stated had made a significant positive impact on his long-term, ongoing health issues.

I actually replied to that part of what you said with this:

You replied to that pointing me to another comment you had written in another thread.

That implies that you knew what I was talking about, and that you did have disagreements that you hadn’t stated in this thread, but which you had explained in more detail in your other comment. But your other comment did not address the issues I was talking about at all. (One of those issues being that it is not easy for many people take make those diet changes.)

Edit: I just realized that Animal Welfare Article link does not actually go to the comment you had written. Also, you might argue that your last paragraph did address the issue I was talking about, but I would disagree with that.

1 Like