Max's Bouldering Project

Why are you OK with just kinda ignoring science?

Also, you’re hard to talk with because you write a lot while leaving out crucial info. For example:

I haven’t come up with any alternatives that meet the same goals.

You don’t say what goals. No one can mentally model what you’re rejecting and why.

I have tried like 3 blacks at various points, but I’ve run in to a bottleneck fairly early in all of them.

You don’t say what bottleneck. You go on to write a bunch about this and talk about candidate plans to deal with the situation but the reader still has no idea what the problem actually is.

You also made it unclear on what timeline you looked into science and what sort of searches you did. It seems like maybe you wanted to do bouldering first, then searched only for science that would specifically support what you were already doing, because you were biased. But you did not attempt to look at RSI science in general and use that to help create a good plan in the first place. But you’re vague and just give the impression that you aren’t interested in science. I think you believe yourself to be a scientific-minded person, but you just casually act like science is not relevant to this part of your life, which is unreasonable, and you don’t state that position or give arguments which makes it hard to engage with you.

Your response about why now also leaves me not knowing, even in outline, why now. You’re posting it now because you’re posting at FI/CF more now … but why are you doing that more now? You reached a major point in a progression, but you don’t say what point in what progression, so that doesn’t mean anything to me. You mention the forum being new, but it’s unclear why that would make any difference.