MC studies more grammar (Peikoff course)

Okay. I don’t think it was. But I may be wrong. So I’m going to write out my thoughts behind it in more detail.

My interpretation was that anon86 was telling me that I should have replied to everything they wrote at once and that I should have spent a lot of time trying to work out everything they said in one reply. But my lack of reply to other things was not a guarantee that I wouldn’t reply to them at a later time if anon86 had shown some sort of interest in conversation or if those points had caught my interest at a later time. I at first only replied to the claim that I had failed my project goal because that was the only thing that (owing to a lack of any other comment) seemed to be the only thing they were interested in.

Instead of a more reasonable and gradual approach, anon86 immediately went into a lengthy criticism on a lot of things I had made no comment about. My interpretation was that anon86 made some very unfair and unreasonable assumptions and seemed surprised that I hadn’t replied to everything they said all at once as if in some way I should have done that (which is why I concluded that they seem entitled, I don’t know why they would expect me to to reply to everything all at once otherwise.) I think it is a hostile and manipulative act to frame a discussion that way. I don’t know why they didn’t just ask why I didn’t respond to the rest of their post if they were so interested.

I was not convinced that it was the best use of my time at that point. There are many many exercises I can do to practise grammar and at the time I wasn’t convinced those samples were a priority because I had no information to judge how reliable they might be so it was a figurative roll of the dice. I may have gone through them at another time (such as after discussing whether they would count as project failures if I agreed that they were wrong.)

Yes, at the time I wasn’t. Do you think it’s reasonable to expect me to reply to everything someone says all at once? I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect any response in typical cases let alone a response to everything; I generally don’t put expectations on people I don’t know in online discussion.

Am I wrong in my interpretation that anon86 put such expectations upon me with the way they chose to frame the discussion, or that it is unreasonable and manipulative to do so?

Or, supposing you do agree with my interpretation, is my response unreasonable even in those circumstances?