Replying to "Cycle Between Learning Critical Fallibilism and Its Prerequisites"[Dface]

Im going to write about the beginning of the following section:

The title “Approximations” tells me that it’s going to talk about how some of the ideas discussed are approximations. I kind of already read the article so I knew. What I didn’t know is what about the points system model is going to be discussed. I know in earlier in the article, part of the points system model was labeled as an approximation. We’ll find out what is.

First sentence of the section:

There’s more than one way that the point system is approximate. How? Also, I see that the point system is “only” approximate. I think that has to do with it being a model. Its goal is supposed to help guide you on the main points of cycling prerequisites. It’s not supposed to be exact in how and what you’re going to learn. I think it’s approximate in how you’re going to learn and what exactly is CF skill and prerequisite skill.

I think you could say the quote above to be more precise. That’s more precise about the idea of prerequisites. “actually” shows what prerequisites are really made of. Now you know that there’s layers to prerequisites. You don’t just learn one prerequisite and then you’re done. My question is what are these layers? It seems reminiscent tho of skyscrapers of knowledge. You make floors of ideas that are based on previous floors of ideas.

All the letters in the quote above are the layers. I think you can say there’s layer A and layer B. When you learn layer A that enables learning layer B. That reminds me of how learning prerequisites will enable you to learn CF. I forget what enabled means but I think you get the means to learn the next layer. It’s more possible I think.

If you learn A then now you have the knowledge to solve the problem of learning layer B. I wonder if you can learn top layers if you haven’t been enabled to learn earlier layers. I don’t think it’s impossible but it might be hard. I don’t know what examples there are of the layers of a prerequisite.

It seems that the maximum is approximate. I think that means close to the actual value. I think my question would be can you get closer to what the actual maximum is? Why? Is the maximum a number? I think it is. It could be a number of things learned from the prerequisite.

The maximum being put there is similar to how CF prerequisites at 40 makes CF’s max at 40 as well. I think they mean the same thing now that I think about it. Instead of just one maximum placed by prerequisites, there’s more. All prerequisites place a maximum for the next layer of prerequisites.

Some questions I have: What’s an example of layers of prerequisites? Is algebra a layer above arithmetic? Is it hard to learn past the maximum of the next layer? Is it similar to learning past the maximum placed by a CF prerequisite? What’s approximate about the point system model?

Earlier we were treating prerequisites as a single layer and CF was another layer. Now, we’re talking in more precise terms saying that prerequisites come in layers. There’s more than two layers in total.