Replying to "The Prerequisites of Debate"[Dface]

Here’s the first paragraph:

First sentence:

Who are the people involved? Are they the participants? What about the audience? Or moderator? Can someone on the sidelines also assess how the debate is doing? They gotta know what they’re doing.

Also, does someone involved mean anyone involved or at least one person involved? I think if you’re debate participant one then you are someone who is involved. The same goes for participant #2. What if one person doesn’t know what they’re doing? They’re someone involved. The debate might be unsuccessful? Can the other participant still benefit? Just not as much?

What are the idea about in the quote? I see that it says that the idea is “of what they’re doing.” Is it just one idea? I think being a participant in a debate is one idea, but there’s more than one thing to do it. Like, you gotta argue your case or maybe use a rationality method or cooperate.

I think someone who is arguing about a different topic doesn’t have an idea of what they’re doing. Like, the debate was supposed to be about one topic, and that participant was supposed to argue for his case. I’m still curious about what this “idea” is about.