Tangent from Meditation

If you want someone to answer a direct question, it is easier if you put it in quotable text.

My answer to your question is that I don’t want to change my original question. You still haven’t answered my questions, even though you replied to the message five times. Your replies have been confusing and I’m still not sure what is going on, so I am trying to clarify right now.

In the tree, you say you were doing a postmortem in this message:

But you never clearly mark what parts were postmortem. You said everything in present tense, and you didn’t mark anything as being a mistake.

And then in later messages, you continued to say things about wanting Elliot to treat you like Spock, e.g.:

So I still don’t know if you mean that is what you actually want, or if you are trying to talk about things that you believe to be mistakes in your thinking.

If you are going to postmortem, you have to clearly label things as postmortem and say which things you think are mistakes.

You are still talking about the issues (wanting Elliot to be robotic with you, wanting to be treated like Spock, etc) as if you currently believe them and want them, and you aren’t clearly marking any of it as mistakes or even things you think you might be wrong about.

It’s really hard to figure out how to reply helpfully because it isn’t clear what you think is right or wrong in your own messages.

1 Like