Apricus - Meta-Discussion of my Emotions and Diagnosing My Difficulty Engaging with FI Long-term

Going to work on being more brave, transparent, and proactive. Might take time to see results. Will try not to make promises I can’t keep or won’t keep. Start Small.

Recently moved to my brother’s + his wife’s house away from my dad’s, so it’s my first time having my own room in 2.5 years. My dad’s place was a small 400-500 sq.ft studio basement suite, everything in one room. So 2 adults living there was not ideal for either. Lots to explore at this place and my daily habits are much better due to the new environment and the house rules and encouragement of my brother + his wife.

What I did today as documented in Google calendar. Things I wanted to do that I didn’t do:
Record myself reading philosophy articles
Project Management Course
Fragless startup work

Things I did that I wanted to do or am quite glad I did and do not regret doing even in the context of my 3/6 month goals:
MLE Esports org stuff
Exercise at the gym (my second time going there, it’s very nice to have a convenient gym nearby)
Brushing my teeth + showering
Eating food that I cooked and washing the dishes. I’ve been eating about once a day. Seems fine for now but I think if I want to do weight lifting I will need to learn to eat twice a day.

Going to not overthink/over-write this as I gotta go to bed and do it all again tomorrow. I eventually want to get to the point where I can interview someone every day as I’m realizing that’s something I really enjoy doing, and I also want to get to the point where I am making some progress on my project management course and philosophy work every day, in some form. I need to build those into my daily habits.

Some pics:

The gym first time i visited it yesterday:

Today I met someone there and asked him if he can show me a basic beginner exercise to weightlift, so he did and I ended up trying it: AA-Ordinary Humans, Extraordinary Choices (Podcast) - Google Drive (1 minute video of me trying the exercise) – another friend saw the video and told me it looks like I was doing a combination or something weird between these two exercises:
How To: Dumbbell Chest Press - YouTube
How To: Dumbbell Flys On A Flat Bench - YouTube

Glad I mustered the courage to ask him to share his knowledge. It got me some good practice talking with people and also just learning something new and implementing it in real time, even if I didn’t do it perfectly. I might see him around since I plan to visit the gym every day and figure out what to do there better over time. I spent i think 25 minutes on the bike and ~5 minutes on the treadmill, and didn’t much else other than 4 sets of 10 reps of the above exercise he showed me.

I will learn to set some better fitness goals that are more accurate. It’s kind of like a videogame to have metrics to track like my heart rate and aim to keep it at a certain number. My body and mind adjust lots of different little things to try to optimize and hit a certain metric, or e.g. if I wanted to bike x kilometres in y time. But first I’ll just focus on sustainability and the daily habit of going there everyday and that becoming normal and easy.

My room 3 days ago before some setup

I bought this ultrawide monitor months ago and when I went to unpack it on this move, I saw the instructions and just gave up, decided to do it later. But later will never come unless I make a plan and execute it and decide to just do it no matter how hard it gets, and it will probably be easier than I think once I commit to it.

My room once I got the basic podcasting setup done for a meeting I had to make kind of quickly (I challenged my colleague that I could get it done in 10 min when he said we can talk tomorrow and it’ll stay the way I sent him in this below pic:

It ended up taking 23 min or something and then we talked so I was happy – I got it done pretty quick regardless, and run into unexpected problems like that I plugged in the monitor’s power supply to the computer and vice versa, and the computer ran but the monitor didn’t. I tried a few things then realized that might be the issue and reversed the cables and then it all worked. Glad I noticed and thought about it early because idk how much damage might have been done to my computer or it’s PSU if I kept the wrong cable plugged in long-term and just tried other solutions)

Now it looks more like this, although with a different keyboard since that one there uses Cherry MX Blues and is super loud. I asked my mom to buy it for me when I was 17 and writing my first novel for NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month, 50,000 words in a month, 1700 a day, surprisingly achievable when broken down that way). I had read that typists/novelists/writers like cherry mx blues because of the clicky actuation and feedback. I did enjoy them quite a bit. I think I’m using browns or reds some kind of softer key now since they make a lot less noise.

I eventually want to sound dampen my room so I can do podcasting and typing and stuff later at night. I have people on my list to interview in lots of different timezones, like EU, China, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, India and Pakistan and so on.

Have a good night everyone! I will try to be transparent every day and I figure it’s best to be transparent even when I mess up (especially when I mess up probably) because then I can learn from it, as long as I don’t let the mistakes and my reactions to them (emotionally and otherwise) overwhelm me. So one step at a time towards goals