Comments on The Boyfriend's Introduction to Feminism

@Neo and @anonymous105, I appreciate the concern. This isn’t to disagree with you but I feel like I should comment:

I should say that I don’t mind the unbounded criticism (I assume, @Neo, you were referring to Elliot’s replies about law and concessions). I also don’t mind criticisms like pointing out that I might be prejudiced.

I also trust @Elliot’s judgement about what are important things to focus on, and appreciate the attention. I see these as good opportunities to discuss some harder things, like evasion. It’s not necessarily comfortable or pleasant, and is somewhat confronting, but I expect these kinds of issues to be uncomfortable to discuss. I think it’s easy to believe lies about yourself and be dishonest in other ways, and I think I still do both, and I want to learn to not do those things as best I can.

If I don’t have enough bandwidth to reply I’ll take a break. Granted, that’s not always easy to remember to do (like if I have an emotional reaction to something or am caught up in it), but I’ll try.


@anonymous105, it might be useful if we took stock a bit. I’m not really sure of the point of some of our discussion; like it came via hypergamy but some of our discussion seems a bit aimless. If there are things you particularly want to discuss from other branches (like my replies to anon111), feel free to bring them up, but otherwise it is probably useful if we organize things a bit. That will also help with volume and breadth which both probably contribute to the feeling of ‘piling on’.

We could try a debate tree about something specific if you like. They’re more specialized than a discussion tree and would need both of us to agree and collaborate on it. @Elliot might be willing to help us, too.

1 Like