Controversial Asides

Yeah you’re welcome to.

I should say: I am kind of making this up as I go along. I have some implicit ideas about conflict resolution and I’m mixing that with CF.

So my idea to proceed is like: this gives us a chance to synchronize on what we each think. Granted, you’ve said before IIRC that you haven’t necessarily been making all arguments from the same PoV so maybe this isn’t exactly applicable. We can adjust the method however to suit as we go. The point is to do error correction on what we meta-think. Meta-think is ad-hoc here as a shorthand for like ‘both what we think and what we think each other thinks’, and I don’t want to type that out each time if I need the idea again.

A discussion should probably have goals. Like we’re each here to achieve something. So if meta-goals are aligned, we should see a win-win path forward. Then we can pursue that. Also having a shared goal is a civilizing factor.

Had an idea and wondering if you agree: with regards to receiving criticism (where here is like corrections on views and goals), it seems like doing things upfront like we just did is interesting in that it’s likely that we are both wrong about stuff in some way. → Errors are expected, so it’s easier to be humble about getting the guesses wrong. Hmm IDK. Feel free to ignore.

Next steps are to align meta-views and meta-goals, then come up with ideas about how to proceed, hopefully in a more directed way. meta-views means roughly the same as meta-think (as i’m using it here).

To be specific, we should now comment on each other’s idea of our views/goals and raise differences. Then we’ll have 4/4 permutations and we can think about what we want to do.

Note, it might be a bit before I post that. Today sometime.


offtopic, chud-woke values test

[offtopic]

Oh also not that it necessarily matters, but I took the chud-woke values test. I have no idea if there is anything meaningful to the results. I thought its axes were interesting though (it looks like a political compass but isn’t). I suspect that my variance was higher than normal. This result doesn’t feel wrong to me.