Doubtingthomas Philosophy Topic

I didn’t come away thinking that. I haven’t been able to overcome the lack of motivation problem. I came away thinking that @Lebowski too haven’t been able to overcome the lack of motivation, energy, drive etc. problem. The lack of drive problem has been discussed on this forum before as well. Here’s one example.

I don’t remember what I took away from that discussion. My goal was to find out the reason for why I’m not driven and I was hoping that that discussion will have to answer to that question somewhere in it. Relooking at that discussion now I think one of the point made there was that the reason I’m not motivated to learn philosophy or do other improvement projects is because I truly do not understand how learning philosophy can improve my life. I might pay lip service to the idea that becoming better at philosophy would improve my life a lot of ways but I do not truly understand it.

I think @Lebowski was agreeing with you that they haven’t actually ever wanted to try to improve. And they were giving a reason for why they haven’t done things to improve. In this article Curiosity – Energy, Drive, Life Elliot also said something related about how people lack energy and drive.

You need some energy – some caring about life and taking opportunities and running with them (and caring about reason not just “fun”) – or you should not expect to get very far with philosophy or much of anything worthwhile.

When people find something fun it is much easier to find motivation to continue doing that activity. I think when @Lebowski said they don’t find it fun I think this is what they meant.

PS: I have only barely skimmed the above discussion and have not been able to draw any conclusions from it so I’m aware of the fact that I’m missing the context about @Lebowski. Within the context your interpretation of what Lebowski was doing might seem obvious. But I wanted to share an alternate explanation of how I saw things.