Elliot Shares Links (2021)

I have thought about this. I think that what I did was to assume that the unlabelled links were not interesting (mainly depressing) to me without even clicking them.

I also thought some about why I think this happened. I think I made a rushed conclusion re the tiktok content in general based on the one link I did click and some of the others that did have some additional info alongside the url.
I think that most of them were about how stuff in the world is bad in different ways, and looking at bad things in the world that I don’t think that I can directly impact makes me somewhat depressed and makes my day worse. I think this is connected to what I discussed briefly with @Max last year. Maybe I’m too fragile to this kind of content b/c of some bad ideas, or maybe I mistakenly think stuff belongs to this category b/c I don’t understand it better. Or something else.

Maybe this is just me rationalising. I’m not sure. But I do think that I like/respect/value you (@Elliot ) much. I try to listen to your advice, as I understand it, and I spend a substantial amount of time and effort on what you write/say. I think that roughly 90% of all the time that I spend on philosophy I spend on your content. Content that has lead me to make changes to my life. I don’t think that I would do all that if I did not like/respect/value you much. I don’t think that I would spend a lot of effort on something that I didn’t like/respect/value much.

Edit: Forgot to add the link to old Max discussion. Added it now.

1 Like