Elliot's Microblogging

Asmon says a 6 hour stream at full energy leaves him exhausted, and basically seems to be saying the reason he takes breaks is burnout.

He thinks the issue is that he’s introverted so talking so much is hard for him. But I think it’s just another example of how most people can only concentrate hard for ~3-4 hours a day and sustain that without burnout.

I think a lot of people don’t know that and think an 8 hour work day (presumed to be significant effort the whole time – actually working) + doing stuff after work is normal. So Asmon thinks he should be able to stream 6 hours a day at high energy and still get other stuff done. And other people will try to study for 10+ hours a day which is so much that it’s really hard to do for even a week before a test, but they think it’s just like a little longer than a work day and hell some ppl work 50 hour work weeks or even 80+ right? So studying a lot for finals should be doable and they’re always being told to study more.

I think not knowing what’s going on, and having the wrong expectations about what’s normal for available energy, hurts people.