formerTCSer's TCS Meta Thread

Topic Summary: I am planning on discussing TCS on the forum. My plan is to start a separate thread for each article that I want to reply to, or for each main idea I want to talk about. I want to use this thread as a place to talk about the project as a whole, or get any feedback or criticism that relates to the project as a whole.

Goal: My goal is to learn about TCS and understand it better: I want to understand both what was good about TCS and also what flaws it had.

Why are you posting this in Unbounded? I would like to make sure that I get any criticism that people think is relevant or important. I don’t want people to feel like they can’t give criticism that is meta or off topic. So I think unbounded is the correct place for that.

Do you want unbounded criticism? (A criticism is a reason that an idea decisively fails at a goal. Criticism can be about anything relevant to goal success, including methods, meta, context or tangents. If you think a line of discussion isn’t worth focusing attention on, that is a disagreement with the person who posted it, which can be discussed.) Yes.

Context: I am former TCS parent. I was on the old TCS list, and tried to parent my children using TCS. I had some problems with doing TCS properly, which I mostly blamed myself for. I tried to read all the TCS information that was available, so that I could understand TCS and do it well, but I still had trouble. I think that I probably didn’t fully understand TCS. But I also think that there were actually some problems with TCS that I didn’t see at the time.

1 Like

I started this thread almost a year ago, but I haven’t done what I planned. Now that the TCS website is back up (As @alanforr pointed out here), I think this is a good time to start. I still want to use this thread for any overall or meta criticisms or comments that people have of the project.