Genshin Impact

normally ppl think about whether to wish on a banner like right b4 it releases or right when it’s new, so they get whatever they want from the banner sooner instead of a few weeks later. the main reason to wish late would be if u wanted to wait for more leaks about future banners, or if you run out of gems but earn more during the banner.

ya, i think i see that. i thought it would be a bigger deal. i can treat them kind of like IMs.

the first post i wrote today i could have tried writing as IMs, but i didnt. if i were to do it again, i think i would have wrote it as IMs

huh literally my next wish after getting sucruse i got a yanfei C1

i got all my characters to atleast ascension 3 EXECPT: kaeya, lisa, amber. im gonna get them to ascension 3 now

ok i have sucrose, so now i dont really think its needed to wish on klee banner for 4 stars. i should think about 5 stars

i just noticed that there is the sword “Skyrider Sword”, its a 3 star with energy recharge, but the interesting thing about it is its special ability: “Determination: Using an Elemental Burst grants a 12% increase in ATK and Movement SPD for 15s.” it increases movement speed! and since its a 3 star i have a bunch of them so i can EZ R5 it to get 24% movement speed!

its probably never useful in combat but its movement speed and that seems really fun!

since it needs an elmental burst to be used for it to give movement speed, i tried to search for the best male sword character with energy%/low ult cost. Male cuz they have better movement than females, sword so they can use the sword, and energy% / low ult cost so they can spam the ability

Male Sword Chars:

kaeya energy% 60

Bennet energy% 60

Xingqiu atk% 80

Trav atk% 60

ok so its between kaeya and bennet. im gonna go with kaeya cuz i want run the sword character with diona, diona cuz her E gives characters a 10% movement speed boost, which might mean the speed boost could get up to 134%. also having kaeya with diona means diona can share more energy with kaeya so he can ult more.

im then gonna run the diona/kaeya with a xiao/sucrose so i get the anemo elemental resonance “Impetous winds: Decreases Stamina Consumption by 15%. Increases Movement SPD by 10%. Shortens Skill CD by 5%.” with the extra 10% SPD that might mean i can have kaeya go at 144% speed!!!

hopefully this works out

ok i did some testing and have some numbers. i set something as a navigation target, then i choose a starting point i could try to consistently re-use. i started out 200 meters away from the target, then i run towards the target until i get to 150 meters away from it.

i took the time it takes me from starting to move to reaching the 150 meter point.

i tested some combinations of speed modifiers, i did each combination 3 times.

here are my results, they arent very polished, but i think they are readable:

50M sprint:

Timing method: Using Kinovea video player, setting start of working zone the frame before any movement, set end to the first frame i can see 150, then using the “Duration” time as the time it took to travel 50 meters

all tests used kaeya

No Mods = no speed modifiers. 100% SPD

Anemo = anemo elemental resonance + 10% SPD

Shield = Using dionas shield, then swapping onto kaeya and doing the 50 meter sprint. +10% SPD

Sword = Skyrider Sword R5 Special ability, after elemental burst +24 SPD for 15s

Jumping = me trying to do sprint jumping

No Mods 1: 6.5
No Mods 2: 6.5
No Mods 3: 6.5

Anemo 1: 5.90
Anemo 2: 5.93
Anemo 3: 5.93
17.76 (5.90 + 5.93 + 5.93) / 3 = 5.92

Shield Anemo 1: 5.47
Shield Anemo 2: 5.47
Shield Anemo 3: 5.42
16.36 / 3 = 5.45

Sword 1: 5.27
Sword 2: 5.28
Sword 3: 5.27
15.82 / 3 = 5.273333

Shield Anemo Sword 1: 4.68
Shield Anemo Sword 2: 4.7
Shield Anemo Sword 3: 4.72
14.1 / 3 = 4.7

Shield Anemo Sword Jump 1: 4.27
Shield Anemo Sword Jump 2: 4.5
Shield Anemo Sword Jump 3: 4.5
13.27 / 3 = 4.423

a spreadsheet is useful for data like this.

you can calculate speed for each scenario, since you know distance and time (you can just use the avg time).

you can compare the times or speeds and see what percentage speed boost each one is compared with no mods.

lots of rumor, leak, and speculation info about upcoming characters:

i made a spreadsheet for the speed tests

They manipulate your gambling luck in a bunch of hidden ways.

Genshin movement mechanics are weird.

Tap a direction, barely move, wait a short amount, then hit jump, and you’ll get a directional jump. There’s a ton of leeway to get a directional jump after moving.

I first noticed this because I ran, stopped running, intentionally waited a little to stop, hit jump, and then jumped directionally when I didn’t want to.

However hit jump and a direction at the same time and you won’t get a directional jump. In that case, there’s no leeway instead of big leeway. As far as I can tell, if you hit both buttons on the same frame, you get a straight up and down jump. If you hit a direction slightly before jumping then you get a directional jump.

This was actually some good explanation and info about what’s wrong with electro. I thought it might be clickbait but he got right into doing some in-game testing to show what’s going on in a useful way.

IR here are suggested abyss teams for you. do 1 + either 2 or 3 and you should be able to get further in abyss.

1: XL (build her for ult not spear, and stack her with the best gear. 2pc fire, 2pc noblesse), CY, XQ (2pc noblesse, 2pc hydro), ben (4pc noblesse)

you haev 2nd fire char to help get XL ult and u give her enuf energy recharge to keep ult up most of the time. then u combo her ult with CY (field) or XQ (ult) for vapes or melts. u wanna usually have XL ult + at least one of the combos going. u need energy recharge on XL, XQ and ben but not CY.

2: xiao + anemo char + diona + fischl

anemo char helps xiao charge ult. xiao is main dps. u wanna have high ult uptime on him. fischl could be mona instead. u want someone who puts out element while not on field so ur anemo can get swirls. diona E and Q both work while she’s off field, so good support for xiao. xiao needs 2pc anemo 2pc glad i think, but i’m not positive. diona needs 4pc noblesse.

3: physical carry dps + diona + fischl + beidou

if the physical carry is electro or cryo, then u can drop what u don’t need for superconduct.

diona and ben are the best 4star healers. significantly better than noelle or barb in general. so having one ben team and one diona team works well, esp since u don’t have jean.

beidou is for her ult (talent it to at least 6 and give her 2pc electro 2pc noblesse) and fischl is for oz (2pc electro, 2pc gladiator) and helps bedou build ult. diona is heal+shield+superconduct and then physical carry swings when other ppl aren’t casting an ability.

if ur carry is RZ, u can drop fischl for something else since he’ll help beidou get ult. if carry is rosaria, probably just keep diona. if carry is XY, then u need all 3 helpers i listed. ik u don’t have jean or eula for the carry. rz, rosaria, XY are fine tho.

if u have extra spot, put in someone who is useful when not on field like mona or zhongli.

get main carry for each team to at least level 70/80 and talent to 8 on at least one talent (whatever matters most to dps). other chars should be at least 60/70 with at least one level 6 talent.

get full level 20 5star artifacts for main carries. others can use level 16 5star artifacts for a while. you can use some level 12s temporarily if you need to.

FYI, the most efficient stuff to buy from the teapot realm depot is transient resin followed by the artifact xp.

i use my transient resin each week for the 4th weekly boss who costs 60.

apparently: hold sprint, tap W really fast, and you can go fast with low/no stamina use

vid is for Mona crossing water but a comment says it works with everyone

Great Genshin review.

A minor bad part was about the Breath of the Wild plagiarism issue. He was pretty dismissive of that but only commented on a couple accusations but didn’t address others.

Good guide design. Summarizes a ton of info in a pretty short way.

I did a bit of math with a spreadsheet for Genshin and posted it to reddit: