Is condemning someone for praising Hitler without an asterisk “going off of vibes”?
That doesn’t seem like a vibe to me.
I think I would maybe be more sympathetic to you claiming ignorance of Fuentes if if you were broadly extremely neutral on political topics. There are other posters here who seem to follow Elliot’s advice of just not having strong opinions about stuff unless you are familiar with it.
But it seems like you have lots of strong political opinions and argue for them a lot. Unfortunately, modern conservatives in 2026 have made Fuentes an important figure. So just shrugging and saying you don’t know much about him so you can’t say seems insufficient to me. If you really don’t know enough about him beyond vibes like “he is pro-Hitler” then you could investigate, right?
If you investigated, you could find other examples of Asmon speaking positively of Fuentes. This was not an isolated incident.
Are they? He is endorsing “hiding your power level” there. I generally disagree about that being reasonable. I think lying about your views and trying to coax people along towards a radical conclusion is bad.
I don’t agree that it is worse than being positive towards Fuentes, but I agree this is also bad. The characterization that Flint Dibble “lost” his debate with Graham Hancock is pretty silly if you listen to the debate. Rogan just has a lot of emotional investment in his friendship with Graham Hancock and didn’t like that Flint was argumentative and not super friendly.
I know you were actually referring to the tweet endorsing brutal state violence, not the Dibble/Hancock debate, but I felt like commenting on that too. I agree that the endorsement of brutal state violence is also bad. But again, less alarming than being positive towards Fuentes.
Sure, maybe. Like you acknowledge, this too is just a small clip. But it looks bad. IMO it doesn’t justify the endorsement of brutal state violence and forced labor camps though. It’s a little unclear to me if you think this context makes the tweet fine or not. Do you still think this is an example of him acting badly, or do you think you just lacked context?