JustinCEO Topic

Continuing this discussion

Regarding outstanding disagreements, I am not sure. I wound up conceding a lot and agreeing with or persuading myself of various points as I went along.

I’ve been intimidated from jumping back in to try to sort things out. I imagine something going wrong no matter what approach I take, so that’s discouraging. The basic issue is I lack any confidence to judge whether I’m on the right track on my own, and I need to be able to figure stuff out essentially on my own in order to make much progress on the issue. That’s why I gave up.

I had the idea of reading to the first part of the thread that I still disagree with and just starting with that to get the ball rolling. But what if it’s a total unimportant tangent? I had the idea that I should try to take an imperfectionist attitude to the situation, but it’s hard for me to take the attitude of e.g. “Care less about doing it right. Care more about doing it at all.” given that I already made serious mistakes in the discussion that had lasting consequences. So I’m still feeling pretty stuck but maybe even writing this out and reviewing it will cause me to have some sort of helpful realization.