JustinCEO Topic

Continuing the discussion from Capitalism Means Policing Big Companies - #18 by Elliot

I received what I thought was a highly deceptive mailing from an energy company that, from past experience, I already knew has a practice of high pressure/dubious sales tactics, and I actually tweeted at various people who I thought might care with a picture of it, but nobody cared or got back to me or anything (not even to tell me to report the issue via a more official channel - just literally no reply). I think that’s common, which means that even if you’re an observant consumer who sees something going wrong and tries to bring people’s attention to it, you’ll often just get silence or a shrug, which doesn’t really encourage marginally motivated people to come forward with complaints. The highly motivated people who will follow up are those people who have already been screwed, but by that point the fraud has already taken place and the fraudsters might have already absconded with their gains, dissipated the money, or moved onto their next scam. Not a great system.