Law

Came across this post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comments/1wa6jj1/pov_you_worry_about_your_legal_writing_then_read/

The comments seem to share a sentiment that under Trump the DOJ has went from a prestigious job for the best of lawyers to a joke that hires anyone who praises Trump.

The beginning part of the case(?) that I can see in the reddit post is odd to read.

I’m used to thinking there would be sophisticated legal language and what not. Instead I’m hit with “their name is FAKE” and “They are very bad for our country.” Apparently a lot of legal stuff under Trump is low quality. People speculate that it’s written to please him as opposed to being good legally.

Looking this case up, I found that it’s apparently about the ballroom stuff Trump was/is doing. Apparently two different courts granted an injunction against Trump and prevented his ballroom project. SCOTUS, however, recently overturned those injunctions and allowed for Trump to proceed.

What a mess.