NSA Spying on Tucker?

Tucker claims the NSA is spying on him :frowning:

The NSA has directly, publicly contradicted Tucker’s claim

I reread the statement from the NSA. I think it’s actually compatible with the NSA having access to Tucker’s texts if you parse it carefully.

They say Tucker wasn’t an intelligence target. But whoever Tucker was communicating with could have been the target. They don’t actually deny having access to some of Tucker’s communications. So I dunno.

1 Like

Lol

More details:

Tucker says NSA is now leaking the contents of his emails to journalists to hurt him.

Tucker says that based on what FBI people have told him, the NSA regularly breaks laws re: illegally spying on American citizens.

NSA claims Tucker’s communications were neither targeted nor incidentally collected, but concedes that he was unmasked:

Carlson was mentioned in communications between third parties and his name was subsequently revealed through “unmasking,” a process in which relevant government officials can request the identities of American citizens in intelligence reports to be divulged provided there is an official reason, such as helping them make sense of the intelligence documents they are reviewing.