Comments on The Boyfriend's Introduction to Feminism

They help but are not sufficient. Thinking: hmm, is that right?

Okay I went and checked https://www.un.org/en/genocide-prevention/definition, which seems like a good enough place to start.

Okay, so revising my original answer, yes those things are a big part of determining if something is genocide or not. There are some caveats, like cracking down on illegal immigrants probably involves some level of mass incarceration but doesn’t automatically constitute genocide (though also doesn’t mean it isn’t happening). Outside of those kinds of caveats, then any of those things could constitute genocide. If the state is involved or sanctions the actions (explicitly or implicitly), then it seems like it would almost certainly be genocide.

That said, IDK if I’m interpreting things too loosely. Like, based on what I quoted and said, it seems like some things the left rejects/denies as genocide are genocide, like: the killing of whites in south africa could be genocide (IDK if it is, just some of the political context around it), and also the intentional destruction of christian culture (in the US/EU) and violence against christians (US) and attempts to interfere with how people raise their kids (through public education). Am I being too broad?


General PS: I am a bit limited on hours/day I can spend replying but have some half-done drafts and will be working through replying.