I think that women’s preferences in partners are pretty relevant to the concept of hypergamy.
If the hypergamy idea is built around the desirable high value traits you mentioned, and actually very few women use those traits as their primary decisive factor when dating, then how does the hypergamy idea survive?
If that’s the case, why does it matter much?
I know why manosphere dudes think it matters, but you seem to be avoiding committing to the idea that once a woman has had a few partners she becomes a used up whore.
Not sure where those numbers come from?
Those articles show quite different percentages than you used.
But even taking your numbers, and accepting that many initial contacts go that way… okay. Do you think most of your desirable traits are well illustrated in a dating profile?
Sure, though I think men are much more likely to be seeking validation and sex than women. It’s easier for women to get sex, and men typically define themselves around validation from women in a way that is not symmetrical.
I’m not sure that many women are seeking tons of sex and validation via apps. I think that’s a minority, actually.
–
One thing that may be a big disconnect is that I think women are broadly correct to be selective and date less men. Men are not very good partners for women, for the most part.
This has always been true but in the past women had greater need for men due to misogynistic social restrictions. So if you were a woman a mostly worthless man that could provide money and e.g. vote for you, or get you a credit card, was providing tangible value to you.
But women can cover their own financial needs now. So a partner needs to actually provide something else. Maybe a hot guy is fine for a date or two, but that is not a decisive factor when choosing a partner.
Most men are bad at talking to women, treat women poorly, are not equal partners, do not take care of themselves or their households, etc. They are often sexist. They are more argumentative and their emotional outbursts are more often external and even dangerous.
They just kind of suck. If you look in women’s spaces where they talk to each other, women often say the bar is on the floor. A man who is actually kind and fun to be around and genuinely shoulders an equal burden of the partnership (household, kids, etc.) is very rare.
That is a consistent thing I have seen across 100% of the successful happy relationships I’ve actually encountered in real life. Those are the traits women want in their partners. Physical appearance, wealth, status, and power do not make the list at all.