Deplatforming and Censorship Examples

ActMan’s latest video about the harasser QuantumTV (who e.g. phoned ActMan’s mother to make veiled threats) is gone and ActMan’s channel (1.5 million subs) is fully demonetized. YouTube apparently still won’t do anything about QuantumTV and is instead punishing the guy who complained about a harasser and stirred the pot. (Similarly, I have complained about harassers and a lot of people have responded by reacting negatively to me, rather than to the harassers. In general, non-victims don’t like victims to speak up and bring trouble to wider attention. Abusers can often abuse one person or a few people in a group and the rest of the group, who aren’t victims, don’t want to deal with it and start blaming the guy who is asking for help or speaking up – they see him as the problem and wish he’d stfu. They have so little empathy that they struggle to care about a problem that is not directly their problem.)

The video that was taken down was IMO really good and entertaining. I liked the courtroom drama theme. Here is a reupload of it that currently works: The Dark Age Of Youtube - Quantum TV Found innocent Act Man reupload - YouTube

Huge channels are on ActMan’s side, are outraged at YouTube, are giving him interviews, etc.

YT is most mad at ActMan – not his harasser who violated a million YT rules – b/c ActMan is the one effectively making YT look bad and directly calling them out.

ActMan thinks YT has also changed their algorithm to hide/demonetize/punish videos that use his name or talk about issues like false copyright strikes.

Basically ActMan’s hour long video was taken down over the very thin excuse that it was too sexual b/c there was one brief photoshop of someone with a cucumber in their mouth. Then ActMan went to Twitter and started more drama and is being punished for that. Just like if I got to Twitter and complain about DD – even if I’m completely right – I’ll get flamed, harassed, and otherwise punished. It doesn’t matter that I’d only be doing it due to the impossibility of getting a response to the problem in some other way (e.g. private communications). ActMan’s mom was harassed on the phone by a YT ban evader and abuser of many other things, but YT sees ActMan as the squeaky wheel who should just stfu and stop complaining and then there won’t be a problem. (Yes YT literally banned Quantum in the past but won’t ban him again now for worse stuff or for ban evasion – but leafy and others who were banned can’t come back.)

YT is ActMan’s job and he’s been essentially fired abruptly with no real explanation and now has no effective options but to create a shitstorm on Twitter and get a bunch of drama attention.

btw Quantum has repeatedly wished death on gay people

Also while looking at this stuff I found out about:

Also somewhat related: