Justin's Miscellaneous Posts

i left the previous DisplayLink driver stuff in the Gaslighting thread as context, but I’ll follow up here with new, purely DisplayLink stuff

So right now I’ve got this set up with two 4k displays:

I’ve also got a 1440p connected directly to the MacBook Air, and I’m using software called BetterDummy in conjunction with that monitor (since HiDPI for sub-4k monitors is apparently broken in macOS now natively so you gotta do workaround).

I had an initial hiccup with the 4URPC product. It has a 60hz DisplayPort out and a 60hz HDMI out. In the initial configuration, one of my 4K monitors was flashing black periodically. But I switched which monitor was connected to DP and which one was connected to HDMI, and that appears to have totally fixed it.

BetterDummy has a setting called “Use mirrored dummy sleep workaround.” That was causing me stability problems, so I shut it off. Now everything is stable, though the 1440p monitor doesn’t go to sleep lol

Overall everything seems good now. If nothing breaks I think I can happily run this setup for quite a while